"The key that unlocks energy is desire. It's also the key to a long and interesting life. If we expect to create any drive, any real force within ourselves, we have to get excited." - Earl Nightingale
Do not be false or artificial – be genuine
Some people are blessed with natural enthusiasm that may have become automatic due to their conditioning – parental or environmental. Accept that whether you consider your-self naturally enthusiastic or not, anyone can easily develop this quality. So, as from this moment, it is within your grasp. It is not a question of whether you can, it is a question of whether you will.
Here are some sayings that might help and also act as reminders to you:
- To enjoy life you must touch much of it lightly.
- A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle.
- It is not what happens – it is how you deal with it.
- Happiness is made to be shared.
- Take care that the face which looks out from your mirror is a pleasant face. You may not see it again all day, but others will.
- Cheerfulness is the atmosphere in which all things thrive.
- It is not doing the things you like, but liking the things you have to do, that makes life happy.
- Being alive is loving being alive.
- A little smile adds a great deal to your face value.
- You are never fully dressed without a smile.
Extract From: Succeed for Yourself - Richard Denny